<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, July 14, 2004

MSNBC - 'The Federal Government Should Not Be Stepping In' 

Increadible. Bob Barr's argument that Democrats are pushing the marriage issue is that gay people are coming out on television.

Isn't that like saying, blacks are pushing black civil rights by walking with integrity rather than cringing?

How can people say these obviously racist or homophobic things in 2004 and they are our Congressmen? They can say this and still hold respectable jobs?

What is inconceivable of this from Bob Barr is that, he's not some ignorant hick from Padua, Ohio - he works in Congress and knows openly gay members of congress, he must have gay friends. This is either the twisted logic of someone blabbering to pander to a constituency without thinking about the logic of what he is saying - or, if he actually believes what he is saying, someone filled with such ignorance and stupidity that it is a miracle he can find his way to the capitol. This is the same ignorant gay-bashing we heard 20 years ago, and kudos to Senator Lautenberg for finally saying it.

MSNBC - 'The Federal Government Should Not Be Stepping In'

How is the Hollywood media pushing the issue of homosexuality?
I think you see it in many TV programs, they have some element of that in them.

What does that have to do with gay marriage?
It has to do with, I think you asked about the cultural issue, the cultural issue of the acceptability of homosexuality, for example. That’s sort of the broader issue, marriage is sort of a subpart of that. It’s, not even subtly any more, been sort of pushing that to be an issue. You have comedians and entertainers rather than saying, “Hey, I’m a great person because I’m smart or I’m a great comedian.” They’re saying, “Hey, I’m a great person and I need your attention, and so forth, because I’m a homosexual.”

Who’s actually doing that besides Rosie O’Donnell?
Of course, Ellen Degeneres a few years ago sort of started that whole trend. I’m not saying that’s why it’s an important issue but it’s one issue why it’s kept alive. I suspect that both parties, if they had their way, would not make this an issue.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?