Monday, April 05, 2004
So, we've started reading Clarke's book (see left-hand link). We'll give you a report when we're done.
But after the first two chapters, let's say this:
Clarke is a little bit of a self-important nerd. You know the type: the computer systems guy who inists you use arcane passwords for everything on the server; the gym-coach/social studies professor who makes your fifth grade class play a baseball game with 19th-century equipment so that you'll understand "the real sport."
Some of the points in his book are a bit anal-retentitvely nerdy. But I'll say this -- that's exactly the kind of person I would want in charge of anti-terrorism. And I'd give the anal-retentitve nerd more authority on this subject than anyone else in politics. He pretty much blasts all three Republican administrations as being ineffective on terrorism. And there's no reason not to believe every word he says.
But after the first two chapters, let's say this:
Clarke is a little bit of a self-important nerd. You know the type: the computer systems guy who inists you use arcane passwords for everything on the server; the gym-coach/social studies professor who makes your fifth grade class play a baseball game with 19th-century equipment so that you'll understand "the real sport."
Some of the points in his book are a bit anal-retentitvely nerdy. But I'll say this -- that's exactly the kind of person I would want in charge of anti-terrorism. And I'd give the anal-retentitve nerd more authority on this subject than anyone else in politics. He pretty much blasts all three Republican administrations as being ineffective on terrorism. And there's no reason not to believe every word he says.
Comments:
Post a Comment
